"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Out and About Chicago: Randolph Street Market

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Out and About Chicago: Randolph Street Market

Despite the fact that I have had zero time for blogging I felt I absolutely had to share photos from my Saturday "boondoggle" into Chicago to celebrate my CSIL's birthday. My Mother in law, Therese and I met for coffee at La Colombe and then ventured on over to the Randolph Street Market and oh my...!
Despite the fact that the market is celebrating 10 years this year, I never had the opportunity to visit it when we lived in Chicago (you know how it is with young kids...) Wow was I missing out, this place had an amazing array of talented and wonderful vendors, eye candy for certain, so I'll let the pictures do the talking.....

Air plants, antiques and the cottage look were big...

Industrial was even bigger....

Textiles galore, in fact the king was painted over a stretched fabric.

My girls, lamps and other amazing goodies...

I even met a lovely fellow Madisonian, Krizia of Oak + Olive. Her shop had a delightful array of repurposed and refinished furniture as well as lovely handmade pillows.

If you live within a couple of hours of Chicago I can't recommend this market enough, fabulous vendors, music and amazing food options, they even serve wine and beer!!! The vibe was hip, yet very down to earth and family oriented, a must see!

Here are a couple other vendors whose cards I picked up: 
Gypsy Temple - Bohemian clothing and accessories ( I picked up a lovely embroidered tunic)
Mayseek Global Treasures - stunning textiles from around the world, Kantha quilts to Suzannis
Olde Good Things - refurbished tin
Creative Harmony Studio - metalsmith, furniture to art

This by no means covers it all so check out the Randolph Street Market website and plan a visit during the market season!

What fun adventures did you have this past week-end?

--------------Cathy--------------

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design?  I would love to work with you to help your room "feel better."  
Contact me for more information about my design services.

6 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

that looks amazing! love the textiles you highlighted- beautiful!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

What a fantastic area. You are lucky to have all that eye candy and fun near you.

pam {simple details} said...

What a perfect birthday outing! We have a Paris Flea Market, reminds me I think it's the first Sat of the month...hmmm :)

Karena said...

Cathy I love markets like this, what a great outing!

Please do enter my Giveaway from Segreto Finishes!
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Holly Gruszka said...

I would have had a field day - looks like a great time with some really great vendors. I'm really loving those pink chairs in the last photo collage. La Colombe is a favorite of mine too :)

Deborah @PhD Degree Programs said...

Recently, I have been thinking about improving my patio area. The chairs from the first photos would be a great addition. My favorite pieces are the plates on that table setting. It looks like there was a wide array to choose from. It sounds like it was a really good atmosphere as well.

My Webblog: http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...