"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: One Room Challenge: Moody Blue Master Bedroom Week #1

Thursday, April 3, 2014

One Room Challenge: Moody Blue Master Bedroom Week #1


The One Room Challenge has begun again, are you following the group of 20 and their escapades each Wednesday? This is a favorite for me so I am going to clear my Wednesday schedule for the next 6 weeks in order to follow every detail.

I have a fabulous project to share and will be joining the Thursday party as a Linking Participant.


Now let me introduce the
Moody Blue Master Bedroom

After living for 2 years in their "new" home and making big changes to just about every room as well as the exterior, my CSIL Therese and her husband thought it was time to make their master bedroom into a space with a little more style than the "white box" they had been living with.

On the second floor of a Cape Cod style home, the room is good sized but has lots of quirky features such as a sloped ceiling, a dormered window and tight spacing on the closet door and window trim.

 


The furniture, purchased years ago, is solid and because the makeover budget is small, it is staying. The matchy-matchy look is going bye-bye.



As you can see, the space had not come far from how it looked in the listing photos..... (the wide angle of the photos helps to see the whole space)


But no more, we have big plans to make this room a bold statement of Therese and her husband's tastes. Starting with this rug, which is a family piece and has made appearances in various rooms over the years,

we will be layering in beautiful textiles, some trendy brass, a cozy reading corner and some big color. People, this master bedroom is gonna get a ORC worthy makeover!


 I hope you will follow along as I share our progress each week, this is gonna be good!

And FYI you now need to clear your Thursday calendars as well because in addition to the original ORC, the ORC link up has more room makeovers than you can shake a stick at and you won't want to miss a detail!

--------------Cathy--------------

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design?  I would love to work with you to help your room "feel better."  
Contact me for more information about my design services.

16 comments:

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Well, you know I love moody blue rooms so this is right up my alley. Can't wait to see that board come together.

Cassie Bustamante said...

this is gonna be so good!

pam {simple details} said...

You two are the ultimate team!! That rug is a fabulous starting point, and will be amazing with your moody blue! Can't wait to see the pillows! :)

charmaine said...

Oooh, love the moody blue! Can't wait to follow along.

Sarah said...

yay! I love the ORC! And I have you to thank for introducing me to it:) Checked out all the first posts last night and there is such a wide range of styles going on, so cool! Kudos to you and your CSIL for getting in on the action. You guys are so good together! Love the design board. Can't wait to read more. Gah, I don't want to wait until next week:(

Holly Gruszka said...

YES! It is the dynamic duo! Can't wait to see this all come together and I was hoping that beautiful rug would stay. And I see some gorgeous John Robshaw for Duralee fabrics coming into play. What paint color are you guys going to use? Perhaps a little Rainstorm? ;) I will be interested in what color you choose - all depends on context. I'm linking up too so glad to take part this time.

kate@willowinteriors said...

Love moody blues! Can't wait to see more! Good luck!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

This plan sounds wonderful to me, starting with those gorgeous dark walls! I have them in my room and love them! Look forward to following along with you on this project, Cathy!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Hi Cathy, you know how much I love your CIL. This room looks like it has great bones. I think your plan is perfect...love the light. I'm looking forward to this. Thanks for joining.

aquahaus said...

I am so into moody, inky blue bedrooms, so I think this is going to be perfect. Can't wait to see it come together.

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

I love all of the quirky elements of the bedroom - the dormer, slanted ceiling - it makes the space so unique! I'm seeing your vision for the room and loving it. Those blue walls will be amazing!

Tricia said...

Love all the fabrics that you chose and those scones! They've been my latest obsession. Can't wait to see them in action in your room!
Tricia // Suburban Bitches

Krystine @ www.KrystineEdwards.com said...

Love the moody blues & love the sconce!

Unknown said...

This is going to be so great Cathy! Love the wall color and gold accents to warm it up!

Lauren (The Cottage Mix) said...

What a great space and I love your inspiration board. Looking forward to following along!

Unknown said...

I love your choice of fabrics and I love the rug! It's going to be beautiful!!!!
Shelia
www.houseofhighlands.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...