"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Room Rx: Fresh Traditions

Monday, October 3, 2011

Room Rx: Fresh Traditions

 A few weeks back I shared a before and after of a local project that I worked on. Shortly after moving into the home, the clients hired me to help them pull together the entire first floor as well as the master bedroom.  This was such a fun project because while there were certain fixed elements we had to work around, (artwork, some existing furniture, etc.) these clients had a great eye and were open to and inspired by pieces that were interesting and well designed.  We had a wonderful collaboration in that my role was to create the vision, and theirs was to execute with my advice along the way (sort of an a la cart approach to design).

Today I want to share the living room.  Freshly painted and using an existing sofa and upholstered chairs, we started by sourcing an area rug through a local rug and floor coverings retailer. Our goal was to create a comfortable, collected look that was based in tradition to match the era of the home.

Here we are before:
And after:

This rug did just the trick to enhance the color and texture of the existing leather sofa and upholstered chairs and give the room a fresh, updated look.  While the overall feel of the rug is traditional, the looser pattern and colors make it feel youthful and playful.

We added additional seating to the room with an occasional chair and upholstered ottomans. Many of the accessories were existing, just pulled together for a more cohesive look.
 

 Isn't the clock a stunner?
 

The secretary is an interesting piece with fabulous detail....
 
 It is always so exciting to see the finished product of a collaborative design effort.  These clients did a wonderful job of taking the vision I shared and infusing it with their personalities so that in the end, the rooms looks like them.  Stay tuned,  as I will share more from this lovely home over the next week or two.

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design
If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Design Concept Board or a complete Room Rx.



6 comments:

René said...

What a fun room to work with. The arched detailing is very nice. I'll bet they were happy with the changes that you made.

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Great job Cathy, the touches you made really made the room work beautifully. I love the rug you chose!

Holly Gruszka said...

Oooh...I love the updates here. I actually thought the before was really nice, but then when I scrolled down to the next photo I thought WOO HOO!! Really great updates and it's much warmer and inviting. I have loved that chair (is that West Elm?) and how it also picks up on the arched built-in and doorway. And the rug is perfect for the room. Great work.

Gretchen O. said...

I love the room! You really helped pull it together for them. AMazing what a rug can do:)

A room with a view said...

Great changes which make so much of a difference..definitely a fresher look. Love the rug.

SHERRY HART said...

The room has so much more presence now. You really pulled it together nicely. And you are right, the rug was what it needed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...