Are you a fan of Sarah Richardson? I am! Her crisp, clean, clever style never ceases to inspire me. Today I could probably list 20 things about this space that speak to me,
but I'll stick to 9 and you can add the 10th ....
HGTV Sarah 101
1) Use of color and furniture to divide the space for different functions
2) Despite the white walls, the overall effect is colorful
3) Brass! Lamps, pendants, accessories
4) Dining room banquette, created in a space that wasn't obvious as normally the table would float in the middle
5) Rich colors inspired by the painting
6) One bold fabric and a liberal sprinkling of velvet
7) Soft toned, yet graphic rugs
8) Chair and sofa in the same fabric, this usually reminds me of cheap furniture suites, but here it works very subtly
9) Liberal use of a myriad of finishes, chrome, wood, metal & glass
What do you love about this one room living?
Sorry for being so absent last week, my kids had a long week-end off from school and we snuck out of town for a couple of days to do some college visits (yes, with a junior and a senior, that is what constitutes a week-end getaway). I even had a Fresh Fabrics Friday post prepared, just didn't get to it, so look for it this week.
Hope you East Coast friends are battened down and stocked up, ready to handle whatever Sandy brings your way. Hopefully Sandy's bark is worse than her bite.... hang in there!
Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Room Rx.