"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: 1 + 4 = Inspired: Dark Wood Kitchens

Friday, February 11, 2011

1 + 4 = Inspired: Dark Wood Kitchens

Well, I just couldn't help myself...I am on a dark wood kitchen roll this week, so I thought I would share a couple of 1 + 4 = Inspired boards with different material combos.  In both cases below, I picture the kitchen with wood floors in a medium to light tone or even a light colored tile.  The hardware also needs to be bright as it would get lost against the dark finish on the cabinets.  Light fixtures, like a good accessory, finish off the kitchen hung over an island or peninsula.
deep & warm
crisp & bright
Kichler Leeds Collection Mini Pendant Light | LampsPlus.com,
CaesarStone Quartz Surfaces - Kitchen Countertops, Bathroom Vanities,...
Omega Cabinetry - Monterey
Ceramic Subway Tile, Mutina, Convessa Avorio, Buytile.com

These materials can work in a bathroom as well, especially if you are up for hanging pendant lights, (like my CSIL did here) instead of using the more traditional bar sconce over the mirror.  Paired with a great mosaic tile on the floor, and light colored walls, this could be a showstopper.

Enjoy and have a great week-end, whatever it entails.  As for me, I have 12+  sophomore boys and their coaches coming for a basketball team dinner at my house tonight, hope I have enough food.....!


Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me,
I would love to help!

1 comment:

SHERRY HART said...

Cathy...love the second kitchen especially that backsplash!!! Yeah....Brad drives me crazy...it is worth watching just that cave episode...
And yes...I still do love that fern fabric also!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...