"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Sarah's Red Dining Room

Friday, February 4, 2011

Sarah's Red Dining Room

 Ever since my CSIL turned me on to the show "Sarah's House" (which unfortunately I can't watch at "Cathy's House" because we don't have cable, I know....the dark ages...) designer Sarah Richardson has been on my radar.  The gist of the show is that she and her sidekick, Tommy, purchase a house and renovate with the goal of increasing it's value and turning it.  They create fun, original spaces in a budget friendly way. Mixing DIY projects and professional ones, old and new, high and low and a touch of the unexpected in the design. Her design aesthetic is similar to mine in that the rooms are approachable, livable, fresh and thoughtfully designed.  Sarah's latest project is for the  Interior Design Show 2011 and the goal for this project was a collaboration with Sarah's brother Theo, a product designer and partner in the firm Rich Brilliant Willing.  The starting point for each room was a product or two or three from Theo's line...check out the dining room:


Is that host chair not to die for?  The mix of  5 patterns, the application of fabric and the color give it such a pop.

The coat rack, red and wood side chair and the lighting over the table are all from Rich Brilliant and Willing
The white background is the perfect canvas for the bold color choice.
Sarah Richardson Design

If you are just learning about Sarah today on my blog, be prepared to get lost over at her website, perusing her rooms, her latest TV show projects, her product lines (paint and furniture,) her "diary" and more.  This should keep you busy over the week-end...I still haven't seen it all!  Let me know what you think, do you like her style as much as I do?




Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me,
I would love to help!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...