The wish list for the room included:
1) Lots of storage for craft supplies including a large quantity of yarn and other knitting paraphenalia.
2) Enough work surface that my client can craft with her daughter and/ or friends in this space.
3) A desk for a computer or laptop so that her husband or children can use the room as well.
4) Comfortable seating to accommodate all of the above.
5) Appropriate lighting.
6) Functional window coverings for privacy and light control.
7) New flooring.
8) A vibrant, fun look that would reflect my lovely clients personality and creativity.
We had originally discussed replacing the doors with pocket doors, but alas, there was just not enough room in the walls, so door swings will still be a space user. Below is the floorplan we finally arrived at and agreed upon and includes a mobile worktable that will rest in front of the window as well as a combination of Ikea cabinets and custom pieces (a couple to be made by my TWBIL). By using only a two smaller upper cabinets, there will be plenty of wall space for housing not only craft supplies but fabric covered inspiration boards and finished artwork.
Without further adieu, onto the Design Concept Board.....