So here we are before... a kitchen with great bones, just needing a dose of style and some "tweaking."
A nice large pantry for storage, but what to do with the wall area?
The view to the dining and living rooms
and to the family room.
Gorgeous arch top window, 11 foot ceiling in the kitchen, 9 foot in the dinette and family room.
So what is the plan you ask? Here we go....
1) add a peninsula between the existing dinette and kitchen (perpendicular to the cabinet pictured directly above)
2) change out a couple of cabinet doors to glass doors
3) add some interesting furniture details
4) paint the cabinets a creamy white
5) add a subway tile back splash
6) change out the cabinet hardware
7) change the ceiling fan on the tall kitchen ceiling to a statement light
8) accessorize to add a pop of color and better relate to the other first floor spaces
9) new table, chairs and rug in the dinette
10) Change family room furniture layout and make other minor changes to better tie the spaces together
Here is my design concept board for this room....
Have you ever "tweaked" a room such as a kitchen or bath in your home? If so did the end result accomplish all that you hoped for?