"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Color of the Moment: Tangerine Tango

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Color of the Moment: Tangerine Tango

Pantone just announced their Color of the Year for 2012, Tangerine Tango, a bold, reddish orange.  Last year's color was Honeysuckle, another bold hue of the coral, pink variety. The Pantone company has been selecting a color of the year for more than a decade. Thoughtful research goes into identifying the color each year by looking the world over for trends, influences and happenings. The color's effect on the marketplace is far reaching, having an impact on everything from fashion, to design, to packaging.

Here is what is being said about Tangerine Tango;
“Sophisticated but at the same time dramatic and seductive, Tangerine Tango is an orange with a lot of depth to it,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “Reminiscent of the radiant shadings of a sunset, Tangerine Tango marries the vivaciousness and adrenaline rush of red with the friendliness and warmth of yellow, to form a high-visibility, magnetic hue that emanates heat and energy.” 


Finding images to capture the excitement of Tangerine Tango was not difficult....
all images {via} pinterest

How about a few of these items for your Holiday wish list or as a gift idea?  Even something as mundane as a vacume cleaner suddenly looks more appealing in tangerine! And how about a Christmas tree decked out in orange... and say, turquoise ornaments, maybe with a little silvery shimmer? Even the tangerine tape could be fun...
tangerine tango
click on the images below to link to the product





I don't know about you, but I am a fan, something about orange has always appealed to me, it's vivid and punchy! I love it as an accent and have a bit worked into my office re-do, you'll have to wait and see. What is your take on the Color of the Year?

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design
If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Design Concept Board or a complete Room Rx.


5 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

I have to admit it certainly adds a bold punch, I may use it sparingly. I'll have to get creative to figure out how to incorporate it.

Holly Gruszka said...

I love it! And these items and images are all such fun stuff. It definitely exudes a feeling of excitement which is a good feeling going into 2012. I've always been a fan of that pendant light fixture (I think from CB2) and I've also always wanted a Le Creuset piece. Great round-up. I'm excited to see how we see this color play out.

A room with a view said...

Great pics! I love that this hue is earthy, vibrant and exotic. This is the shade of orange that I am drawn to - not too orange and not too red.

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

I'm ready to tango! Sorry I couldn't resist that one. I like the color. It seems fun and warm. My sister is having accents of this color in her gray and white nursery. She has even found a humidifier in this color.

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

I'm ready to tango! Sorry I couldn't resist that one. I like the color. It seems fun and warm. My sister is having accents of this color in her gray and white nursery. She has even found a humidifier in this color.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...