"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: A game of "BlogTag"!

Friday, February 17, 2012

A game of "BlogTag"!

Forgive me for pre-empting my regular Fresh Fabrics Friday feature, thanks to Pam at Simple Details, I have been tagged in a fun little blog tag game and I just had to play. Eleven is the magic number, answer eleven questions, tag eleven other bloggers and figure out eleven different questions to ask them. Pam made it look so simple and fun that I had to give it a try!

First to answer her questions:

1. What would be the career of your dreams?
Designing affordable, functional, beautiful housing for a public housing organization.

2. I would eat Top Ramen noodles for a month in order to save up for A trip to Italy! Or, I wouldn't eat Top Ramen for anything!

3. Which would you choose for a date with your husband: Candlelight dinner at a nice restaurant or day of hiking in the mountains?
Hiking in the mountains...our first trip together after a month of dating was a canoe and camping trip with friends, so we have a history of enjoying the outdoors together.

 Hiking in Glacier National Park with my honey.

4. In which sport or athletic activity would you most like to participate?
 A Tuscan bike tour, which would mix my love of biking and my wanderlust, not to mention my desire to go to Italy!
[Val D'orcia - credit: Oishi Kuranosuke]

5. What do you wish you were more knowledgeable about?
  Photography and how to better use my camera to produce beautiful photos.  For all of my creativity, I am not a good photographer... even my kids would tell you that!


6. Pretend one of your online blogging friends is coming to visit for the weekend, what one thing would you do to your home before she arrived?
Spruce up my guest room, which is in the basement, meaning that the rest of the basement would need some attention as well!

Interior Design by Melissa Rufty, Photo by Francesco Lagnese via
(Too bad the bones of my guest room are nothing like this...a girl can dream though can't she?)

7. What kind of driver are you (speed demon, rule follower, tickets, fender benders, easy going)?
I do occasionally cuss under my breath about drivers doing dumb things like tailgating me or passing me on residential streets.

8. It's hard for me to get going in the morning without my coffee!

9.  What are your nicknames?
 I haven't really had any nicknames since college, but back then it was "Amms," short for my maiden name Ammarell. In elementary school it was "Amma-relish!"

10. What is your best quality? 
I can talk to just about anyone. My kids find that terribly embarrassing sometimes....!

11.  What is your best piece of advice for raising children?
Hard to limit this to one best so here are a couple of best: Love them unconditionally but give them rules and boundaries to live by. They grow up fast so enjoy it all in the moment, even in the difficult moments, someday you'll be missing even those!

Next to share the Rules:
**You must post the rules
**Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you; then create 11 questions to ask the people you've tagged
**Tag 11 people and link them in your post
**Let them know you have tagged them

Then to tag 11 bloggers:
Andrea @  Oak Ridge Revival
Kerry @ Design du Monde
Chanee @ Me Longings

And finally, my 11 questions for them:
1) Do you like to cook or bake?
2) My one guilty pleasure is....?
3) To unwind at the end of a long day I....?
4) Where do you do your blogging?
5) I could eat a whole bag/box/package of... in one sitting?
6) White wine or red?
7) My idea of the perfect day is....?
8) The room in my home that I like the best is...?
9) The accomplishment I am most proud of in the past year is...?
10) What song can't you get out of your head right now?
11) What is one item on your "bucket list?"

Tag! you are it! Hope you'll play.... You can also play by visiting these delightful blogs and saying hello! Have fun and enjoy your week-end.

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Design Concept Board or a complete Room Rx.

9 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

this was fun to read! i am the same way about talking to anyone. my husband used to laugh at the stories i would tell him coming home from the gym or the grocery store where people would just spill their entire life stories to me.... guess i made them comfortable!

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

Cathy, it's fun to get to know more about you! Hiking in the mountains is one of my all time favorite activities too (and the reason I moved from the midwest to Colorado). Thanks for tagging me!

Holly Gruszka said...

Oooh...I want to answer the questions that you posed, those are good! I also like these little Q&A's as they allow us to get a little more personal. You and I would get along so well - I'm sure my hubby would say that I could talk to anyone as well and he is the exact opposite. We always joke and say "Stranger Danger" when he is approached by a stranger - ha! Opposites attract, right? Enjoy your weekend Cathy!!

A room with a view said...

I enjoyed reading your answers Cathy. I loved the Italy bit - dreamy!

Annie Vincent Interiors said...

How fun! It was great to learn more about you, thanks for sharing!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

It's up...I'm in...probably just lost the few readers that I have.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Now I have more time....we have quite a bit in common. I wish I knew more about photography too. I was just telling someone that no matter how fantastic your project is, if the picture doesn't show it, it is a missed opportunity. I can't see until I have my coffee. Thanks for the tag, this was fun.

Sarah said...

Just saw this, Cathy! So fun to read. Thanks for the tag...I'll try to jump on this and post soon:)

pam {simple details} said...

Thanks for playing along, Cathy! I love finding out more about everyone! Wow, we have a lot in common! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...