"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Fresh Fabrics Friday:The French General

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Fresh Fabrics Friday:The French General

There is still time for holiday crafting, especially for some last minute gifts or decor, so today I am featuring some darling 100% cotton quilting fabrics from The French General, available through The Fat Quarter Shop on-line or maybe at your local quilting store. I love the colors and French Country feel of these pretties and think it would be beautiful to create some Holiday goodies with them.

Just in case you are short on ideas (hard to imagine here in"blogland") for how to use the French General fabrics, I thought I'd help you out with a few clever projects....

The ubiquitous embroidery hoop, decked in holiday attire.
 

Wrap some around styrofoam cones to create a forest of Christmas trees.
Sew Obsessed

Tear fabric into strips and use as ribbon for gifts wrapped in craft paper.
Creations by Kara 

I'm not a quilter, but for those who are, how cute is this pillow?
Lily's Quilts

Scraps left over?  Put them to use as wine glass markers!

Love the fabric wrapped balls, these could even become ornaments.
2 images BHG

All of this holiday inspiration and the fun projects should show up in the blog world during July, when I have a little more time on my hands. By the time I  finish any of these, simple as they are, it will be Valentines Day.... hmmm maybe that's the ticket!!!

Have a wonderful week-end, get lots done and enjoy your parties, celebrations and gatherings.  Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your visits and comments. I have some fun project updates and peeks which I can't wait to share with you next week!

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design
If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Design Concept Board or a complete Room Rx.

3 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

I could picture those prints on the fabric wrapped balls, my favorite! It's so true, Cathy, the inspiration out there is amazing, I already have a huge file for next year!

Holly Gruszka said...

You've given some great ideas here plus a great fabric feature. I actually have some small fabric scraps that I could use as trimmings on some packages. And I love the idea of the wine markets too. Great stuff Cathy and love your project updates! Have a great weekend! We've got a Christmas party that has been a tradition for 10 years now.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Very pretty. I like the vintage quality.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...