"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Mood Board Monday: A Prepester Bar

Monday, March 12, 2012

Mood Board Monday: A Prepester Bar

What a perfect way to start the week...with a party!  A "Mood Board Monday" party to be exact! This is such a great way to see the creativity that exists out there. The premise simple, Sarah from Pewter & Sage chooses an inspiration, gives a few options and each "guest" puts together a mood board and shares, easy and fun.  This time the party is all about Etsy artwork, Sarah gave participants three pieces to choose from:

1) "Romance of Fall" by photographer Carl Christensen



2) 
"Live Colorfully" by Him & Her Abstract Art


3. "Bird Art Community Tree" by Cori Dantini

I really went outside of my personal comfort zone and chose the abstract art "Live Colorfully" by Him & Her Art because the colors really spoke to me and I am not normally drawn to abstracts like this.  I felt there was a great vibe to the piece, so I decided to go with a vintage preppy look by going all pink and green....

I envisioned this in the corner of a large living area, decked in the same colors, in a stately home with arched windows and tons of traditional mouldings and wainscoting. The kind of room that needs to un-twist it's panties a little and have some fun!

The Prepster Bar





Starting by taking the fabulous painting and adding an ornate gold frame and wide mat, I felt that this would play off the traditional style of the room and give the piece some presence since it is not large (16" x 20").  The pale pink wall color would be fresh, yet read almost as a neutral and the floor (which of course is a wide planked, deeply stained hardwood) would be covered with the bold, bright rug.
The vintage bar cart and chairs just said fun to me, and who could resist the crewel draperies and emerald beaded sconces? Of course, no bar is complete without the accoutrements to mix up a mean cocktail!

Thanks Sarah, for hosting the best party around....I always enjoy being a part of it! Be sure to take some time and see what others have come up with for Mood Board Monday.
Have a great week and if the weather by you is forecast to be anything like it is here in Wisconsin this week, enjoy the taste of Spring!

(you can simply click on the tiny photos of each of the items in my Mood Board to go directly to the sources.)

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Room Rx.

11 comments:

Erin (Out on a Limb) said...

This is an amazing room, Cathy! I really love how you took the pink and green from the painting and made the whole room work in such a fresh way. It's trendy, but classic, funky, yet elegant.

Such a cool space. I think my favorite piece is that bold rug, that seems so similar to the painting in its style. Wow!

pam {simple details} said...

It's so fun you went with something not your usual style! Must say, you came up with a fabulous mix that makes me want to see the room in person!

Andrea said...

Love this board. Those pink chairs are amazing and I love that brass bar cart. I would happily sip drinks in this room!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love your choices and was not familiar with Mood Board Monday.

A room with a view said...

Wonderful Cathy! This is a fun space - I like the idea of a stately home with a let-your-hair-down type of room. The wall sconces are gorgeous and I have always loved that drapery - so many colors to pull from. Stunning rug as well. It seems that the majority of us (thus far) have picked the same artwork.

Jenn said...

What a super fun space! It's definitely forcing this traditional home to let it's hair down :). I LOVE the bar cart and the rug you've chose. And, the green sconces are so fun! :)

Holly Gruszka said...

You crack me up with the "undies" comment! What a fun board Cathy, and definitely would not have picked this as yours which is the best part about it! I love the Tobi Fairley pillows you added in and the barcart of course. Really fun and glad you went outside of "the zone".

Sarah said...

Ha! Lol at the twisted panties!! This space is so fabulous, Cathy!! Love that you went for the bold abstract, I was too scared:) And for a bar? Definitely a spot that doesn't usually get that much thought. I would love this in my stately home (that I don't have!). That rug is really cool. Love it with those drapery panels. And the vintage bar cart?! So beautiful!! Hmmm, can you mix me up an appletini?!!! Thank you so much for continually bringing your talent to MBM:)

Anonymous said...

This is a great room - really unique and completely stylish! I love how each of us that has chosen this painting has pulled out different colours. It proves how versatile a colourful abstract can be :)

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

Cathy, you are definitely versatile! I would not have picked this as your room, but I would love to attend a fancy cocktail party here any day!

Annie Vincent Interiors said...

Great board! Love the name and I adore the colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...