"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Fresh Fabrics Friday: trellis patterns

Friday, April 20, 2012

Fresh Fabrics Friday: trellis patterns

If you are a regular reader of blogs and shelter magazines then you have seen trellis patterned fabrics used  both as the main pattern in a room and as an accent. The "Grandaddy" of them all is the ubiquitous Imperial Trellis by Schumacher. The appeal of the trellis pattern is the bold, graphic quality and the fact that it has only two colors, giving it the ability to punctuate any setting. Trellis patterns come in many sizes, colors and price points so I thought I would do a round up of a few that illustrate that.


We'll start with Imperial Trellis, the name really says it all....
Imperial Trellis by Schumacher via

Gorgeous in a bold orange as a headboard.....
Artistic Design For Living

In a more traditional setting, it still works.....

 Sally Wheat

Windsor Smith's Xu Garden for Kravet reverses the light and dark colors while still maintaining the large scale.

Kravet - Xu Garden
 
Light and airy, used in just the right amount as bedding.....
Legacy Home
An option by Pindler & Pindler, Karabel, in more subtle colorways...

 
 
Subtle color allows for over the top bedding!
 
nam dang mitchell design via house & home
 
Waverly, purveyor of stylish yet affordable looks does a couple of trellis patterns, Ellis and Lovely Lattice. Ellis is a small scale pattern making it a perfect accent.


Just a touch  of Ellis brings out the turquoise in the floral fabric in this setting....

 Lovely Lattice has a mid size scale, perfect for stand alone uses,
 Waverly -  Lovely Lattice

like a crisp Roman Shade....
 Quality Roman Shades

Next on to a more modern interpretation by Dwell Studio, Bella Porte. This one is actually 3 colors, with a fine black outline.
 Dwell Studio Bella Porte

Fabulous on chairs, accenting not competing with, beautiful abstract art....
Sally Wheat Interiors 

 Kirkwood is another budget friendly trellis pattern, executed in an outdoor fabric by Richloom.
Richloom - Kirkwood

This is what I used on my "curbside chair" update.
 Room Rx
 
Duralee's Lattice Aegean is yet another take with a more stenciled look.

 
Duralee -  Lattice Aegean 

This one adds the perfect accent....
Pickfair on etsy

What do you think? Which is your favorite?  These are just a few of the more widely seen fabrics, feel free share any I may have missed by leaving a comment.  Have you used a trellis patterned fabric in a project lately?

Have a great week-end and see ya all back here on Monday!
 
Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Room Rx.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I love the trellis pattern. And there's no way I can pick a favorite! They're all so awesome! :)

Hope you have a great weekend!

Holly Gruszka said...

That is a tough decision - I'd probably choose the Schumacher if I had to pick a favorite but I do like Duralee's take on it too. As well as the one that you chose for your chairs - the cushions turned out so well. I have a trellis pattern on the cafe curtain that hangs on our kitchen window. It was super cheap from Joann's 2 years ago and I love it. Have a great weekend Cathy!

Annie Vincent Interiors said...

I love trellis patterns. I like the Waverly and Duralee but there is something to be said about the Imperial trellis, gorgeous!

pam {simple details} said...

Oh, my favorites!! If I must choose, probably Imperial trellis, but I truly would love any of them. I don't have any in my house except a touch on a pillow, I need to remedy that!

Unknown said...

Love all these fabrics, Cathy- they are among my very favorites..
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

SHERRY HART said...

Nice roundup Cathy......trellis pattern has always been a favorite of mine!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...