"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Textile Friday: hide rugs

Friday, April 27, 2012

Textile Friday: hide rugs

A bit of a departure from fabrics, but still focused on textiles, I thought it would be fun to have a look at hide rugs today. This style of rug has long been used in home decor due to it's versatility and durability, but seems to have gained some steam and is showing up in a variety of beautiful and interesting ways these days.

My uber talented designer friend layered a hide rug, which her parents gave her years ago, over a sisal to pull together her family room...

Hides are capable of standing alone over bare floors...

Patchwork hides are a tactile, neutral foundation.....

A boldly colored needle pointed version adds a bit of whimsy...

This is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of how these rugs can be used. The variety of hide rugs available is enormous, so the application is limited only to one's imagination. Here are a few to get your creative juices flowing.....

hide rugs



In addition these are some other great resources for hide rugs:
Nieman Marcus

What do you think? Have you used a hide rug in your home or a client project?

 I am hoping to wrap up the last details on my office and share it all with you next week, (now that I have officially put it out there, I have to finish) so I will be busy....!
Hope you all have a relaxing and fun week-end!

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Room Rx.

7 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

A zebra rug has been on my radar for awhile, actually about five years! I finally decided I really NEED one! :) Anxious to see your office! Have a fun weekend!

Jenn said...

This is a great roundup. I've actually never noticed patchwork hide rugs, but they're amazing!

I hope you have a great weekend :)

Holly Gruszka said...

I'm with Jenn - I love the patchwork hides. I don't think I'd ever use them in my own home, but I could certainly have some fun in a project using one. I loved that spread by Sally Markham in HB - I still go back to that every now and again. Have a great weekend Cathy!

Unknown said...

I love hide rugs. Great post, with sources! I like them layered over sisal, like my daughter did-gorgeous.Have a great weekend, Cathy!
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Reunion Committee said...

Im a fan! love it.
tana

Sarah said...

Hey, Cathy!! Loove that Kate Jackson pic, pinned it:) I don't think I would ever be bold enough to use one of these in my house, but I love how they look in lots of other spaces:)

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

I recently saw one at an expensive home store near my house styled as a coverlet for a bed. Interesting to say the least!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...