"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: One Room Challenge: Moody Blue Master Bedroom reveal

Thursday, May 8, 2014

One Room Challenge: Moody Blue Master Bedroom reveal

Finished!!!!
Our One Room Challenge is complete. 
After 6 weeks of scheming and doing, 
my CSIL Therese and I are calling it a wrap.


We turned this room...

using this design plan...

 into this.....


I love the fabric we ultimately used for the Faux Romans
Seems we all 2nd guess at times but I always find it's best to trust your gut.




How about the awesome touch of fresh flowers?
A big shout-out to 
floral arranger Jeannette 
for providing Therese with the yummy arrangements.




Despite my DIY-ADD,  even I did a little project for this space! Using some old frames,  gold paint, handmade paper and butterfly cutouts I had "in my inventory," 
I made these guys to adorn an empty wall.

Good thing Therese has some mad sewing skills, the textiles kinda make the room.
And how about those Therese Marie Designs pillows?




Dang, no more TMD pillows in the hamper, now it's only dirty laundry!



To say that I am pleased with how our Moody Blue Master Bedroom turned out is an understatement, I am thrilled and so are Therese and her husband!
One of the things that makes me so happy about this project is that we made the most of what was already in the space and items we already had on hand and then zhushed it up on a budget,
a whole room make-over with a small cash outlay and a big DIY effort.

Here is how the budget broke down:
Chain link lamp - $150 at TJ Maxx
Sconces - $250/pr. at Pottery Barn
Paint - $75 Benjamin Moore
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - already on hand
Moulding - $50
Drawer hardware -  $20
Chair -  $90, 
Various Fabrics - $50 (many already on hand)
Artwork and frames - $125
Laundry Basket - $40 
Grand Total - $850

If you are interested in going back over our weekly progress, click on the links below:
Week #1 - the plan
Week #2 - textiles and a faux roman shade tutorial
Week #3 - paint & moulding
Week #4 - oak furniture facelift
Week #5 - art & accessories

Many thanks to Linda for creating this crazy ORC fun and being the supreme motivator to all of us for getting the job done.
Also both Therese and I have appreciated your many comments and encouraging words, thanks for following along.

Don't forget to check out the Official ORC participants finished spaces
and follow through with the finished spaces of the linking participants.

Will you join up in this make-over madness for the next go round?


--------------Cathy--------------

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design?  I would love to work with you to help your room "feel better."  
Contact me for more information about my design services.

26 comments:

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Cathy, this is SO PRETTY!! I love the blues, the lighting, the pillow patterns. It all came together in such a moody way ;-) Congratulations on a beautiful job! It has been so fun to have this mutual support xx

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

Cathy, Therese must be over the moon happy with her new space - it's beautiful! I need to have navy walls in my life - love, love, love them - and all of your accessories are perfect. I'm pretty sure you're owed the sister-in-law of the year award for this one!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks so amazing! i love everything you did- love the fabric on the window treatments. and of course i love those moody walls mixed with the warm wood.

pam {simple details} said...

WOW, you two!! This room has the perfect balance of pretty and casual, yet chic and sophisticated! Your pattern mix is fabulous and DIYs are so professional! I'm ready to go on a pinning frenzy with your styling and beautiful photos!!

Krista @ Goodwill Glam said...

What a great room! I love the rug and chain link lamp as well as all the artwork! Great job!

XO,
Krista
www.goodwillglam.com

Unknown said...

You and I are design compadres. We both did the same color rooms at the same time and now I see butterfly art which I have in my room at this moment! Fabulous job Cathy!!!

Mallory said...

Cathy, I love it all but those brass reading lights are the stuff dreams are made of! Bravo!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

What a great before and after, Cathy! The roman shades are perfection in here, in fact all the textiles really give the space life and interest. I also love that wall color, so delicious! Great job!

Sabrina @ Pink Little Notebook said...

Awesome transformation. Love what you did with the walls! Great job!!

Denise Greenwood said...

What a pretty space! So warm and cozy! Love your use of fabric! Great job :)

Sarah said...

Wow! What a transformation, you guys! It came out so beautifully! Love the fabric you went with for the shades and the pillows are so lovely. Your DIY butterfly art is right up my alley, Cathy!!! The PB brass sconces were worth the splurge!

SHERRY HART said...

Cathy....you did a great job! Love this space, the colors, the sconces....everything! Such a good makeover:)

aquahaus said...

Yup. Fantastic, just as I suspected. The blue and brass is wonderful together. I can really see myself in that room.

Jen (House of Ruby Jean) said...

Those blue walls and dresser are amazing! Great job!

Unknown said...

Really Great Cathy! I love that the navy doesn't go all the way up the wall, which would have made it look like a cave. Great decisions and styling. Love that WM chair. Happy Mother's Day! xo Nancy

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

I love your use of that fabric! I kept debating my wall color bc I love the thought of that fabric with a deep blue. It looks great!!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful room to call your finished master! So worth spending the money on those wall sconces! I wish I had it in my budget to splurge for better ones and a chandy that was a little more my style. The curtains turned out great and that nailhead trim on the chair pulls the room together! Great job!

Tiffany said...

I love all your textiles and colors. Hard to believe you did this on a budget. It looks so lovely!

Price Style & Design said...

Wow! This is amazing! I absolutely love the pillows and fabrics that you chose! The wall lamps are spectacular -- the whole space is wonderful!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Cathy, you did an amazing job and you already know how I feel about your CIL. Such a great transformation and I would have thought you spent a lot more. I think the sconces for reading is my favorite, but the romans come in a close second. Great job.

Unknown said...

This room looks great! I especially love the art work and the pillows! Good work!
Shelia
www.houseofhighlands.com

Brandi said...

WOW Cathy! Your bedroom is gorgeous. I love the dark walls with mix of patterns. You gave your bedroom a makeover to be proud of! Great Work!!

mrs. V | Chez V said...

The textiles do make the room! Love the mix. Casual yet sophisticated. Those romans are lovely.

kate@willowinteriors said...

Finally got my room done and linked and now i get to check out all the other pretties!!! This room is gorgeous! I love your color choices and the molding on the wall looks great. Love all the fabrics and your lighting choices. Well done!

Unknown said...

Hi Cathy, this is my first visit via the ORC. The room is so beautiful- love it! Also, I just want to say I love your natural hair. I think I'm going to have to keep coloring for the REST of my LIFE!Anyway, lovely room- I'll be back.

Dante Storey said...

Six weeks of scheming and hard work definitely paid off, as you were able to finish your master bedroom with ease! And it looks amazing! Every single accessory complement well on all the elements of the room. But my favorite would have to be the bed. It looks simple, but the pillows give it a sophisticated feel. Cheers!

Dante Storey @ The Healthy Bed Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...