"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: 10 things: Bold Great Room

Monday, May 21, 2012

10 things: Bold Great Room

Well it seems everyone is enjoying this "10 Things" concept so I am launching into it head first! Even my husband,who doesn't normally say much about my posts, told me that he really liked the concept. In fact he had an additional idea which I am adding today, which is to have you readers identify a detail each week after I list mine! So here we go.... 

I am smitten with this room by Mallory Mathison for the Southern Living 2009 Georgia Idea House, it is bright and happy with an eclectic vibe.  Here are 10 things I like:

Mallory Mathison via Southern Living Photography Van Chaplin, Charles Walton IV

1) Boldly patterned fabric on the pair of chairs
2) Shape, size and style of chairs, including the waterfall skirt
3) Simple, graphic patterned rug
4) Large, stone topped coffee table
5) Dark stained wood floors
6) Grasscloth wall covering
7) Built in cabinets flanking the fireplace
8) Cabinet detailing including the diamond patterned raised panels and skirted bases
9) Repetition of the graphic shapes in the rug, coffee table and cabinetry
10) Vibrantly colored artwork over mantle, picking up the colors from the chair fabric

Now it's your turn, what details do you see in this room that speak to you? Please share with the rest of us by leaving a comment, this will be fun!

Sorry for the light posting at the end of last week, lots going on, I know each of you can relate! Hope you all had a great week-end. The weather here in WI was just spectacular, so among other things, I was able to get out on my bike and get a few miles under my belt as well as spend some quality time with a group of long time friends and their families, so it was all good!
 
Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Room Rx.




5 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

I was drawn to the chairs and coffee table, too, but couldn't help but wonder about the peek into the other room, looks like a pretty chest with gold accessories, my favorite!

Holly Gruszka said...

I like this new post series too! And you know it's good when the hubby comments about it. I actually commented on your FB page for a change :) But I had said that I really like the color they chose for the shelves on either side of the fireplace - a deep blue/grey color.

Jenn said...

I love the really wide, thick trim boards, accented by the grass cloth. The walls are just amazing.

Annie Vincent Interiors said...

How do you just pick 10 things?!?! LOL

Great idea for a series!

Unknown said...

I love all the moulding and architectural details in the room, with the grasscloth. That will last along time , trend wise! Love that coffee table and the fun pattern on the chairs!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...