Since my own holiday decorating mantra this year is "simplicity," I thought 10 Things would be a great way to show how little details can make a big impact, even when it comes to holiday decor.
1) An unconventional holiday color scheme, yet the room still feels festive
2) Repetition of the vibrant green colors
3) Shiny ornaments and containers mimic the mirrored tables, and mirror over the mantle
4) Use of living things, the trees, poinsettia and bowl of limes
5) Lamp base filled with green ornaments
6) The pair of trees, unadorned except for lights, trimmed to look like topiaries
7) Rustic containers for the trees, filled with shiny green ornaments
8) Fake snow in the tree containers and poinsettia bowl (normally I would think this is tacky, but it really works here)
9) Green satin fabric to dress up the bergere chair (a throw or table runner could achieve the same look)
Looking closely, what else do you see that adds to the holiday "flavor" of this chic room?
Our holiday decorating is not quite complete, but we're working on it. Snow arrived Saturday night and our adventure to the tree farm yesterday to cut down our tree helped put us all in the spirit. Right now the tree is standing naked in our living room, but later this week, with Christmas music playing, we'll pull out the lights and ornaments and dress 'er up! Maybe after that I'll consider my holiday decorating done...
Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Room Rx.