Are you familiar with the talents of Amy Meier? You no doubt have seen her daughter's gorgeous nursery as it has popped up all over the blog world as well as on pinterest.
I love Amy's classic and sophisticated style and was quite taken when I came across this breakfast room and kitchen.
I have not done a 10 Things for a while and thought this was the perfect space for a little bit of analyzing so here goes, this is what I love:
1) The balance of light and dark. With all of the dark cabinets, the kitchen still feels bright and airy.
2) The classic, but fresh wainscoting and wallpaper combo, a flexible choice for future changes.
3) The way the chair fabric picks up so perfectly the color and style of the painting on the wall.
4) The Chinoiserie chairs combined with the pine table, an up to date cottage look.
5) The brass accents in the space; cabinet hardware, light fixtures and mat on the painting.
6) The traditional but timeless lighting.
7) The exposed brick wall in the kitchen.
8) The very dark painted cabinets.
9) The untreated windows which play up the brick wall.
10) ??? What do you love???
While traditional in design, this space feels sophisticated and current to me. I for one am a big fan of Amy's work. If you want to see more check out her portfolio and her blog.
Lots of rain here over the week-end causing basements to flood, the lovely white of Winter's snow to fade and me to long for Spring. Patience.....!
Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Room Rx