"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: One Room Challenge: a quick gallery wall

Thursday, October 24, 2013

One Room Challenge: a quick gallery wall

Just a quick little update on the One Room Challenge "teen tweak"... there is a a gallery wall now! Using what we had, I arranged framed photos and a couple of fabric filled embroidery hoops on either side of the mirror. I used the tried and true method of laying the frames out on the floor, tracing each piece on newspaper and then taping that to the wall to put the nails in.
My daughter can easily add more photos and other goodies as she accumulates them.


Using fabric scraps similar in color to what is already already in the room, I did a little embroidering and then framed the pieces with the hoops. Who doesn't love a heart? And how about a favorite nickname or word? Quick and easy, fun too don't you think? My kind of DIY.


As you can see, we have come a long way already in this space...


There are still a few things to get together, one of which is the bed linens and pillows. Stay tuned as this girl is going to attempt to DIY a duvet cover! Why oh why can't my CSIL live a bit closer so she can just do that for me????

Anyhoo, I am heading over to see what happening with all of the other ORC linking participants. Won't you join me?


Did you get caught up on the  official participants yesterday?
There are some amazing projects coming together.....

--------------Cathy--------------

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design?  I would love to work with you to help your room "feel better."  
Contact me for more information about my design services.

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Love this gallery wall. So fun and sassy. The dresser and mirror look great too. Your daughter is one lucky lady.

Unknown said...

Looking good! I love the K on the dresser, so fun!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

You have come a really long way. Darn your CIL for not living closer :). I love the embroidered touch. Love the peacock pillow, too.

pam {simple details} said...

LOVE that Before and After! :) I just saw the Peacock feather fabric yesterday, it's so fun and perfect in there! Glad that trick worked for your gallery wall, I still end up re-arranging once I get it up!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

The gallery wall looks great, Cathy, and I also love the blue mirror on that lime wall, with a lot of white thrown in. It's coming along great!

Cassie Bustamante said...

what a difference so far! love the blues with the green!

Carol said...

Things are looking so good - it sure has come a long way from the beginning. I can identify with someone not living close enough - looks like I'm going to have to do it myself! (Darn!) :-)

Vel Criste said...

The fabric hoop wall art is perfect! love how it ties in with the mirror well Cathy! I'm sure the Miss is pretty pleased!

A room with a view said...

I love how you have added the framed pics and hoops around the mirror and great colors, too! I look forward to seeing your diy duvet, Cathy!

Jessica said...

Cute gallery wall! I like that you added in the fabric pieces. The knobs on the cabinet are very pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...