"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Room Rx: bold & blue family room

Monday, February 3, 2014

Room Rx: bold & blue family room

Repeat clients, music to my ears! Nothing makes a girl feel better than the opportunity to have another shot at working with someone whom you totally enjoyed working with before. Previously I helped this client with her Jazzy Rumpus Room (which it now occurs to me I never gave a reveal on... oops, stay tuned!) She brought me back to help with her family room. She had a vision for the room as far as function and color and the fact that we had to work with the pine paneling. 

Here is where we are beginning....



The space will become less of a family room and more of a cozy hangout for two, no large sofa, just 2 comfy chairs for reading and tv viewing, a work table and pair of chairs and some closed storage. The room will be updated with new carpet, window treatments and lighting, helping to brighten it up.

The nook in the front of the room was the perfect place to use the pedestal table that's a family piece. Trolling Craigslist I found the pair of funky caned chairs pictured below which will get a fun makeover. This spot will soon be perfect or playing games, doing paperwork or working on a puzzle.


Blue and white were my client's color request... and this before Pottery Barn and many others were showing indigo as a big color story, she's a trend setter I'd say.
What fun I had pulling the look together...


Here is my plan for the chairs....

Work is in progress on this room, new carpet was installed last week and the chairs are being painted and will soon be off to the upholsterer.
 I promise to keep you posted on this one!

If you are a fan of blue & white you need to head over to The Pink Pagoda today where Jennifer is hosting her blue and white bash, you will marvel at all of the inspiration.

I have a thing for blue & white too, 
to see!


--------------Cathy--------------

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design?  I would love to work with you to help your room "feel better."  
Contact me for more information about my design services.

17 comments:

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Looks like it will be a refreshing update! I love blue and white fabrics as much as the porcelain.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Yeah, I love your plan. And of course you have repeat clients. I'm surprised you have time for new ones.

House@heart said...

Love the chairs!! And the porcelain!!
Ozana

Cassie Bustamante said...

LOVE where this is going- those chairs are awesome! can you tell me where to find that blue box pattern?? :)

therelishedroost said...

Great ideas here, will look wonderful!

Jenn said...

I completely love this mood board! That fox fabric is amazing. And, I'm excited to see the final chairs - I'm no the hunt right now for living room chairs that I can do something similar with.

Holly Gruszka said...

Oh this is going to be good and I love that you are working with the paneling. What a find with those chairs too and totally love the fabric scheme - for the chairs and the "foxy" fabric.

Christine @ Suburban Charm said...

Love what you are doing with the chairs with the contrasting fabric and piping. Can't wait to see the finished product! I am a new follower!

Alison at The Gracious Posse said...

Can't wait to see the reveal!

kate@willowinteriors said...

Love your fabric choices! Can't wait to see it come together! :)

pam {simple details} said...

LOVE the plan!! And those cane chairs are going to be amazing, such a great idea to give it a box cushion look! The ikat/chevron panels will be quite the statement, too!! Fabulous, as usual!

The Pink Pagoda said...

Oh wow, this board is fantastic, Cathy! I can't wait to see what you do with this room! Thank you so much for linking up today -- I was so happy to see you!

Carrie said...

I love your design board! I can't wait to see it come together; now following along with GFC. :)

Missy Minicucci | The Rinfret Group said...

what a perfect upadate... love it! xm

Unknown said...

Great plan, Cathy! I used to have a pair of vintage chairs exactly like the ones you're planning to make over. I ended up selling them rather than using them in my home so it will be fun to see what could have been!!!

Unknown said...

Great plan, Cathy! I used to have a pair of vintage chairs exactly like the ones you're planning to make over. I ended up selling them rather than using them in my home so it will be fun to see what could have been!!!

Unknown said...

Love this Cathy. That looks like my family room exactly! I pinned your board cause I LOVE LOVE it!! Thanks for the compliments and for your support. It means so much. This project of yours sounds divine. Can't wait to see it. xoxo Nancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...