"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Getting the vision

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Getting the vision

Arriving home after spending our family holiday celebration with my inspiring in laws (especially creative, sewing CSIL and detail oriented, talented carpenter BIL) has me filled with ideas  as well as design solutions to conjure up.  Often, going beyond simply describing, but showing, "inspiration photos" are the best way to get across the message about the look you envision for a room.  So when my SIL mentioned freshening up her family room, we went to work while together, brainstorming and searching the internet for looks as well as items. I continued this process at home and came across the HGTV 2011 Dream Home.

The images above from the home's living room, contain many great ideas for some of the things that my sister in law and I discussed.  A simple color scheme (3 colors,) pale walls, graphic patterns, textural accents, how to deal with storage, styling shelves and framing photos.  I love the clean lines and simplicity of many of this room's elements as well as it's casual, approachable feel.  Oh, and did I mention I am a sucker for green?  Especially this type of bold, saturated green?!
Hope this helps, CSIL!


2 comments:

Therese said...

Love it, love it, love it. Must have that pillow fabric!

René said...

Sounds and looks good to me!

-Rene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...