"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: BHLDN

Thursday, February 17, 2011

BHLDN

My darling, younger {much...} cousin Jesse, is getting married in May and I have been honored to be helping her with planning some of the details of her day.  We are both fans of Anthropologie so when I received an e-mail introducing their new line of bridal wear, I immediately contacted Jesse, and no surprise, she had already heard.  The line is called BHLDN which is pronounced "Beholden" and is apparently inspired by the Dutch word for “to keep.”  The gowns, dresses and accessories are stunning, created with beautiful, unique fabrics and details in typical Anthro fashion...
So, inspired by these stunning dresses and other wedding accroutrements, I immediately thought of the white, natural and lace home accessories I saw during my visit to ABC Carpet and home a couple of weeks ago....
and remembered a few other "lacy" home decor items I have come across recently....
 brocade home
It is fun to interpret and translate what is seen in the world of fashion to the home front. Lace is graphic, textural and emotive, a piece or two could easily be layered into a room design and done right, can add interest without feeling fussy or old fashioned.  
Have you used lace in your home decor and if so how?  I would love to hear.... 


Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me,
I would love to help!

1 comment:

SHERRY HART said...

I love some of those dresses...so beautiful. Nothing prettier than a wedding :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...