"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Smitten: Caldwell Flake - Interior Design

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Smitten: Caldwell Flake - Interior Design

Looking for a little inspiration for a post, I was drawn to this image I had saved a while back.  While I am not generally a huge fan of accent walls, this one really spoke to me because it is upholstered, quilted, textural and acts more like a headboard.  I am in awe of the gorgeous sconce lighting and the simple, well edited look of the room as a whole, not to mention the color palette.

The room was done by the Birmingham, Alabama firm Caldwell Flake, a mother and daughter team of talented designers. Well crafted rooms with an amazing attention to detail seems to be their M.O. I am completely smitten with their work and aesthetic, it is bold yet clean and simple, impressive yet livable, modern yet traditional.  I could go on and on, but I'll just let the photos do the talking, see for yourself....


How's that for some Wednesday eye candy, pretty impressive right?!!! Which room is your favorite?? To find out about Caldwell and Flake and see more of their work go here.

On another note, yesterday's field trip to see the baby Herons was a bit disappointing as some predator had eradicated every last chick....so our job was to look for clues as to what had happened.  Feathers, egg shells, scat and chick carcasses were among the clues, interesting science for 7th graders when they weren't complaining about the hike, the heat or the bugs!!!! I'd say it beats being in a hot school on the 3rd to last day before Summer break.....!

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design
If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Room Rx!

2 comments:

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Beautiful images. I'm really liking the pink and green bedroom. The drapery fabric is killing me with fabulousness.

SHERRY HART said...

Yes...I agree, they are an awesome firm. I love everything they do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...