"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Cozy up with chunky knits

Monday, January 2, 2012

Cozy up with chunky knits

Welcome 2012! I hope you had a fun and relaxing New Year celebration and are ready for the fresh start that is the beginning of the coming year. Here in Madison, the cold winds have blown in and since my kids don't go back to school until the 9th, we are hunkering down, nursing our post holiday "hangovers" if you will. The Christmas decorations are packed away, the house is "clean enough" and while there are many projects ruminating around in my head and chores like grocery shopping and laundry to be done, all I want to do is curl up with a good book or hang out with the kids listening to music, playing a game or doing a puzzle. (Since I have teenagers, that is just me dreaming...!)

These chunky knits are just what is needed to get cozy wouldn't you say?  Talk about perfect seasonal accessories...
uber crafty via Better after

 
 {via}

Now that you have feasted your eyes, certainly you are wondering, "where can I get those gorgeous knits?" Lucky you, I have rounded up a few of my favorites from go to retailers and etsy vendors alike.....
CB2
 Lands End

Nordstrom


 Do you have or use chunky knits to usher in the cold winter months in your home?  
I hope you have lots of great things on your "docket" for the week... I'll let you know if the game playing or the jigsaw puzzle happens here!
 
Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design
If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Design Concept Board or a complete Room Rx. 

4 comments:

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

Cozy! You're lucky the kids have some more time off. We go back on Wednesday and I'm not looking forward to getting back into a routine. This has been such a nice vacation, perfect for relaxing under a nice chunky throw!

Holly Gruszka said...

We've gotten the Christmas decorations put away and it feels good - a nice fresh start to the year. I've got lots more cleaning and laundry to do, but I'm with you on just wanting to do some reading or play a game. I got my hubby Bananagrams for Christmas and we tried it out the other night - it was fun! And these chunky knits are perfect for this time of year - it got quite cold here the past day or so as well - so I'm ready to cozy up with one of those blankets. I'm actually thinking about heading over to Crate and Barrel later today to scope out some inspiration. Maybe I'll see one of these in person.

Sarah said...

Hi, Cathy! Happy New Year! How in the world did you get so lucky that your kids have off until the 9th? That is awesome! Wow, you have all your Christmas stuff down already? All we did was take down the tree cause it was really dead. The living room seems so boring without it! I'm one of those people that would leave up their outside Christmas lights until March!! Loving these chunky knits - great post. I asked for a PB throw for Christmas and of course the darn thing is on back order. Paul still purchased it for me though, so it'll be exciting whenever it comes in:)

pam {simple details} said...

I love throws, but those make me want a nice chunky sweater! Our Christmas is put away, but I'm not quite organized yet, we have one more day till the routine starts...ugh..not ready!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...