"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Color of the Moment: jewel tones

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Color of the Moment: jewel tones

Regal, saturated hues, jewel tones create a rich, sophisticated look. Paint a wall a glossy version of one of these colors, pick a piece or two for a room, balance with some white or neutral color and you are golden.


jewel tones 2
click on the images below to link to the product









A jewel toned room kind of like this..... 
 
I love doing my "Color of the Moment" posts and it seems like you all enjoy them as well, so I have decided to continue doing them in 2012 with a little tweak or two. My thought is to add one photo of my weekly color used in a room. I'd love your feedback on what you like about and what I can improve upon for "Color of the Moment." Thanks for weighing in....
 
Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Design Concept Board or a complete Room Rx.
 

4 comments:

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

I'm glad you are continuing "Color of the Moment." I like that you have added a picture of a completed room as well. Sometimes it's hard for me to visualize a room based on a design board. Keep the inspiration coming!

Holly Gruszka said...

I enjoy this series as well and glad to see it back in 2012. I like that you show a variety of items that can fit into the palette you select for the week. And I love the idea of showing an example of it used in the home. If you really want to change it up every now and then, you could even host a party to have other bloggers post how they are using the color around the home or maybe even in their wardrobe or something. And getting back to your color of the moment for this week, you know I love me some yellow so those are my favorite punches in this group. But I also love the teal and the navy too and they both pair so well with yellow.

Jamie Herzlinger said...

Jewel tones are great because they are warm and interesting! Beautiful post!

A room with a view said...

I love jewel tones, Cathy and this board is magnificent. That rug is quite stunning and I do love the end table and all the accessories. Beautiful inspirational pics, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...