"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: 10 Things: Rustic bath

Monday, May 14, 2012

10 Things: Rustic bath

There is so much beautiful design work to see on the internet these days, between all of the amazing blogs out there, Pinterest, e-magazines and newsletters, not to mention the designer portfolios themselves, that sometimes I find myself rushing to take it all in. In an effort to "see it all, " I don't really see anything, especially what it is that appeals to me in a photograph or design. One of the assignments I give to my new clients is to find photos of rooms they like and try to determine what it is about that room or photo that strikes them. Last week on a whim, after seeing a kitchen that knocked my socks off, I wrote a post tilted "Kitchens on the Brain: 10 Things" where I made myself really look for what it was that I liked about that kitchen, I easily identified 10 things. Since one should practice what one preaches, I thought I would give that concept a go on a semi-regular basis, so here is today's installment....

a rustic bathroom

1) Reclaimed wood vanity
2) Gooseneck faucets in oil rubbed bronze
3) Swing arm sconces
4) Interesting mirror hung over shuttered windows
5) Simple accessories including canisters and a touch of green in the form of plants
6) Large hex tile on walls
7) Black paned door and enclosure, looks to be old and re-purposed
8) Crisp white towels
9) Horizontal wood plank walls
10) Flooring - wood in sink area, mosaic tile in toilet and shower area

What do you see that you like?

I hope all of you Moms out there had a wonderful Mother's Day, spent with family, relaxing and appreciating the little things. My Mother's Day included a long bike ride and breakfast at my favorite "greasy spoon" as well as some yard work, burgers on the grill and a few rounds of "Banagrams." It was perfect!

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Room Rx.

11 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

LOVE it. i would love to do something like that in our side of the bathroom upstairs (we share a shower area with the kids, but each have our own vanity sides).

Unknown said...

I love that bathroom, and have never seen it before! ( That's the thing about the internet these days, isn't it? we see so many of the same images..) I love your idea of "10 things", and I agree with all of your comments. All the natural light in that room is amazing, and the crisp whiteness in contrast to the rustic elements. That shower enclosure is amazing! Have a great week Cathy!
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

pam {simple details} said...

This bath caught my eye the first time I saw it too, I didn't even take the time to analyze it, just hit 'pin it!' LOVE your series! The swing arm sconces are so unique in a bath, one of my favorite features!

Emily said...

Wow, that's spectacular, such simple changes really make a world of difference.

Anonymous said...

Lovely bathroom!

BBP said...

Hi Cathy,

The extremely talented designer of this bathroom is Lisa Stevens! www.lisastevensco.com/

Meg said...

It's a great idea to really take in a space you love at first glance and take stock of what appeals to you. I think i do that too - rush through all the new pins and blog posts I want to read in an effort to 'see everything'.
I'm looking forward to reading your new series!

Holly Gruszka said...

I've never seen this one before but I love the shower and the black paned door and enclosure - that is really nice. You don't think those are real wood floors, do you? Do you think they are the tiles that look like wood? I really would love double sinks one day - that is definitely on my wish list. Glad you had a nice weekend Cathy!

Jenn said...

I love these 10 things post -- I don't ever take enough time to really look at the details and what I like.

I think the think I love best about the room is the paned wall and door. So amazing!

Sarah said...

Happy late Mother's Day, Cathy! Beautiful bath and a great idea about taking the time to write 10 things. Most of the time I look quickly at an image to get an overall sense of it, and I can immediately tell if I like it or don't. But then it pretty much stops. I definitely need to take more time to focus on why I like a particular space, maybe then I would have a better idea of my actual style:)

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

That mirror and sconces are perfect. Sometimes the Internet keeps me from making a decision, too many choices.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...