"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: 10 Things: Sophisticated master retreat

Monday, June 18, 2012

10 Things: Sophisticated master retreat

Something about this home resonated with me when I saw it, and not just the fact that it is in Lincoln Park, a lovely neighborhood of Chicago that I once lived in. The home has been completely transformed by SPACE Architecture + Planning and beautifully meshes the original details of the home with a modern aesthetic. I was especially smitten with the master bedroom....


SPACE Architecture + Planning via freshome

1) Crisp white mouldings and trim throughout the room
2) Ceiling medallions
3) Chandelier
4) Built in bookcase, stain color as well as wood species
5) Styling of bookcase, especially the multiple urns
6) Gorgeous grasscloth wallpaper
7)  Mid-Century chairs
8) Eclectic mix of furniture styles, including traditional sleigh bed
9) Soothing color story of taupe browns, blues and whites 
10) ??? What do you love about this sophisticated master retreat???


Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Room Rx.

10 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

The 10th is what I have struggled with in my own room....wall mounted sconces for reading in bed!

pam {simple details} said...

Love the clean, unfussy, edited look. I thought it was interesting to have nothing above the bed, I would have thought it needed something, but it works!

René said...

Very nice! Love the gray grasscloth.

Holly Gruszka said...

Oooh...I love this. This is my ideal master bedroom area - a space for the bed and then a nice sitting area off to the other side with some shelving for storage. I love that the bed is seamlessly introduced in the same color as the grasscloth and that they went for some bold with the black (or is that navy) pillows on the bed. They could have done a bold headboard or some pattern on the pillows, but it all works so well together without a lot of fuss. This is really handsome.

Tom said...

Cool windows with trim all the way down to the floor.

Sarah said...

This is such a fun series, Cathy! Another beautiful room:) I love the floors and the sconces!

A room with a view said...

Even though the color palette is soothing there is texture and pattern - walls, fabric, flooring - which keeps things interesting.

Brigid Skoog said...

I love the windows, with the shutters being in sections like that, allowing just enough light in. I've seen so many rooms where the shutters covered the whole window and it's just too much. This room is so beautiful and restful--and it's got blue in it, my personal favorite.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

That grasscloth is gorgeous! Now I want to hang gray grasscloth in my bedroom.

Ernie Buckley said...

The master retreat is really gorgeous,and very inviting too.If ever I have the extra time to do some home repair and remodeling, I'd like my master bedroom to look like that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...