"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Mood Board Monday: Seating that speaks to you

Monday, June 4, 2012

Mood Board Monday: Seating that speaks to you

Oh how I love Mood Board Monday over at Pewter & Sage! Sarah's done it again with this installment, which is all about upholstered seating. If you are new to my blog or are not sure what MBM is all about just follow the links above and be prepared to be immersed in the creativity of fellow bloggers as they pull together a look using one of Sarah's chosen chairs.

Me? I fell for this one.  Hard. LOVE it! The style, fabric, details and size. And the name, Cecilia (who is by the way, the patron saint of music).


I have a corner in my family room where I just love to sit and loaf. I thought a pair of these chairs would be perfect for re-creating such a corner in a lovely old, imaginary home, filled with character, beautiful windows and dark stained wood floors. I kept the paint color pale, added an antique carpet and lots of "pairs" to create symmetry.  The space is traditional but not too serious. There is a splash of shimmer in the artwork and lighting, lots of texture with the footstools, side tables and magazine baskets and a touch of whimsy provided by the needlepoint pillows and ombre drapes. I picture having a cup of coffee or glass of wine in this space and whiling away the hours chatting or reading or listening to music.

Cecelia's Cozy Corner
You can click on the icons below to go directly to the source for each item.



 Now don't be shy, take a few minutes and go have a look at MBM at Pewter & Sage and see which chairs spoke to the other participants, you won't regret it, I promise!

I am in count down mode, 8 more days till school is out and 5 more days until we pick up our son, Ryan from Conserve School! Then Summer officially begins. I think I might have to make a Summer Bucket list like my friend Pam.... (who, btw I get to meet in person during our vacation in July!!!) I am looking forward to the less scheduled, more relaxed pace of the coming months. How about you? Has your Summer begun and do you have a bucket list?!


Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Room Rx.

12 comments:

Holly Gruszka said...

Wait, I'm super excited for MBM, but you and Pam are meeting up in CO??!! How exciting! How I wish I was vacationing in the same spot just to meet up with the two of you as well. Ok, back to your fantabulous board...I almost selected that chair as well. I love that this board certainly has the Cathy touch but that it's so different from what I feel like I've seen you do recently. I also envisioned a relaxing seating area where I could just read, relax, and dream. You always find the most amazing rugs too that pull your space together perfectly. And the side tables in that blue are really great too - I'll have to check that out as I love the blue. Great job my friend!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love that room! the artwork and rug especially call out to me!

pam {simple details} said...

Ours has begun and I'm loving it already! I'd take those chairs in a second, like Holly I would have expected something different. I can feel the cozy 'grab a book and relax' vibe. Also noticed it has a lot of Deborah Needleman's top elements in it, you are good! Can't wait for our meet up :)

Annie Vincent Interiors said...

Great minds pick the same chair! LOL. Love what you did with it! I had no idea Cecilia was the patron saint of music pretty cool!

Those doggie pillows are adorable! I could just curl right up with them and read a good book!

Raina Cox said...

I've been crushing on that chair for months. It just doesn't go with my house's look.

I need to look into buying a second house...

;)

Erin (Out on a Limb) said...

I love the space you created, Cathy! I almost chose Cecilia too, as I seem to be constantly drawn to blue and ikat. You pulled it off so artfully and creatively. I love the artwork and how the rug adds so much warmth to the space. I could really see myself chatting over a glass of wine with friends and great music.

Enjoy the start to your summer and vacation! Only two weeks left of school here and five until we are on vacation. Can't wait!

Jenn said...

Cathy, those drapes with those chairs is brilliant! SO GORGEOUS! This whole room is amazing. I want to light a fire in the fireplace and curl up with a book and a martini :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful space Cathy. Those ombre curtains are stunning and I love the horse prints. The space reminds me of that classic British India style in a way; elegant yet a little rustic! xx

Anna (My Design Ethos)

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

You've done it again, Cathy! This room is awesome. I love it's cozy library, curl up on the couch with a good book quality. With a glass of port and a pipe. Yes, this is the kind of room where I'd want to enjoy a glass of port and smoke a pipe. Not that I've ever done either...

Unknown said...

This is a great place to curl up with a glass of wine! I love the formality of the symmetry but the pops of fun in the pillows and drapes! Love your design!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Cathy, your room moodboard is just gorgeous! I love the antique rug and the ombre curtains - and the art!
www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Hi, Cathy!! So sorry I'm late!! I'm psyched you went with this chair...and I'd curl up in Cecilia's Corner any day! Every time I look at your board I start smiling cause of those dog pillows, they are cracking me up, especially that little pug guy, so cute!!! Those ombre curtains are insane! And with the rug and that horse art?! Are you kidding me?! This room is so cool!!! You did fabulous, girl:) Thanks again for being such a big supporter of MBM!!

So excited for you that your summer is almost underway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...