I have enjoyed doing these 10 Things posts and would love to hear your thoughts on how you like them. My idea is to do them when inspired as opposed to a regular weekly post, but I can't decide...
I think with all that we see and are inspired by on the Internet through reading blogs and e-magazines, pinning, etc. it is important to slow down and really take a look that the images to understand what we love and what it is that speaks to us. Understanding the particulars will help in creating spaces you love and which reflect your own personal tastes.
So here we go for this week....have you seen the HGTV Dream home2013? There are some amazing spaces in this home so today I have chosen this vibrant shared bedroom.....
These are a few things that speak to me:
1) Liberal use of a bold color palette
2) Stripes - painted on the walls and in the rug
3) The grounding effect of white in the bedding and curtains as well as furniture finish
4) The matelasse quilts on the bed and hand painted butterfly pillows
5) The graphic punch of the green floral fabric on the duvet covers and pillow
6) The traditional four poster beds and chest which make a big impact painted a bold turquoise
7) Thistle artwork over the nightstand
8) Cozy reading corner
9) The practicality of the ceiling fan, it may not be a stunner but it is so functional!
10) ??? What do you love?
Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Room Rx.