"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Adding style to the dining room: week #2

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Adding style to the dining room: week #2

Anyone scouring Craigslist has seen these tired old dining sets; dark wood, worn upholstery, dings nicks and an overall dated look, but typically gotten for a steal. Such was the case with the set that my CSIL was inspired to purchase after seeing this post and years of conspiring with me to decorate on a dime. Almost as soon as I hit "publish" that day, I had a message in my inbox with a link to this set.

Therese and I had been talking about paint and window treatments for her dining room, but not new furniture! Immediately I knew that with a little TLC and Therese's touch that the $150 for 5 chairs and a table would be money well spent and just the look her DR needed. Sold!

After a long discussion about how to, what color, what fabric, etc.
Therese has been busy transforming the chairs.... 

Before:

Age and use had rendered the chairs a bit wobbly, but that did not intimidate my CSIL, 
she took them apart,

and put them back together again!


She completely re-did the webbing and batting on the seats....

 drove an hour to purchase some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, and then carefully followed the directions... with this result!

As of yesterday the refreshed seats were getting covered in this fabric, but you'll have to wait until next time to see if she put in on North/South or East/West!

Did I mention that Therese has also finished painting the DR, changed out the panels on the bookcase and begun the window treatments? That girl makes my head spin. 
I need her to come to my house and get some of my projects done! 

Come back next Wednesday to see the next phase of completion on this dining room style update and go here to see where it all began.

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Room Rx

8 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

those chairs are beautiful! i love the finish and the shape! great buy!

Unknown said...

What a worker bee she is, and to do it RIGHT, no shortcuts! I probably would have just painted the chairs, but no, she took them apart? awesome. HE changes are fantastic.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I am bowing to your SIL. I have never taken apart a chair to that extent. What a she-man! Love the paint on the chairs, and can't wait to see them covered...either direction.

charmaine said...

I'm impressed! She took them apart?!
Great job!

pam {simple details} said...

Holy moly, she is amazing, such a great eye and a perfectionist! They're beautiful and what a deal!

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

Wow she knocked the socks off those chairs!!

Andrea said...

Where does she get he energy? I love the new chairs and how cool that she basically re-made them. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Wow, ambitious!!! I'm tired just reading about all that work - re-webbing the seats???? Well the chairs look awesome already, so it was worth all the labor involved - and that is a great price for a table and chairs! Look forward to seeing the whole set revamped!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...