"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Adding style to the dining room: week #3

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Adding style to the dining room: week #3

So much has happened in my CSIL's dining room this past week, but I can't share it all at once or I would not have any blog material for the next couple of Wednesdays, so I am going to pace how I give it to  you all. Go ahead, call me mean....!!!

So last week, we left off with Therese practically re-building her Craigslist chairs, today you get the finished product, 

VOILA.....

She chose to run the fabric east/west and I think it looks fun and a little unexpected.
I love the way the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint finish turned out, the perfect background for the colorful fabric (which looks way more purple in these photos than it is in real life.)


And yes, if you noticed that the room has been painted and the curtains on the built-ins have been updated with our bold stripe, you are right! I told you Therese has been busy. Running the fabric on the bias at the top of the curtains allowed for all of the stripes and colors to show and again is not the typical application.

You can see from these photos that the table needs a little TLC, but that will need to wait until the weather improves and it can be done outdoors. At this point the thought is to just refinish the top and do a little touch up on the base, we shall see....


In the meantime, Therese is cursing me as she pulls apart her chairs from World Market chairs in order to pretty them up with this fun fabric. Hopefully she can wade through the staples and hot glue and finish them up so I can share them with you in the next week or two!
I really do love that my CSIL pretty much does whatever I tell her to when it comes to decorating her home, she is the PERFECT client (and sister in law!)

Are you following along with the One Room Challenge?  I swear I need about two hours each Wednesday to follow these talented ladies and their creative endeavors, they are nearing the finish line and their spaces are really taking shape.

In other news, we had another 8" of snow here in Madison yesterday and I may be ready to invest in a snow blower, especially since one of my helpers will be going off to college in the Fall. They sell them at a deep discount post season don't they???

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Room Rx

8 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

looking good! i love the chairs- they look so refreshed!

Holly Gruszka said...

The chairs look great! Did she just sand some of the details to get that look? There's a lot of cool stuff you can do with ASCP. And I really love the choice in fabrics and wall color - so is the wall a lavender or a pale pink? I know it reads completely differently in photos and lighting. I just got a sample of BM Bashful for Sheila's room and it's so pretty - the palest pretty pink. Also love the idea of doing something to the top of the dining table but keeping the legs that warm wood. I need to catch up on the ORC. If you're losing one of your prime shovelers then I think you should invest in a snow blower. I bet you could get one discounted in the spring.

pam {simple details} said...

What a fun fresh color to incorporate, and I'm loving those fabrics with the traditional furniture. The skirts on the built-in are amazing, she truly is a master of the details!

I think it's good to be out in the fresh air for a little exercise! Ha! :)

Jenn said...

I love the chairs! The fabric is so fun and she did a great job painting. And, the fabric on the built ins is so great - I love that the fabric is on the bias - so unexpected and fun.

ps. Send some snow our way! We didn't see any this year :(

Sarah said...

Wow, she works fast!! The room is looking great! Can't wait to see that fun circular geometric pattern on the other chairs. Gotta love that ASCP, only have used it once and I'm hooked already! And thank you for reminding me about the One Room Challenge. I've been following along and it is so inspirational:)

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I want to see more of those bookcases with the fabric on the bias. I love that idea. It is so fun to steal decorating ideas and try them in your own space. Of course you should get a snow blower. Yes, after the season is over there should be some great sales. Good lord, 8 more inches. Is this a bad year, or is every year like this?

designchic said...

The chairs look wonderful...love the fabric!!

miss flibbertigibbet said...

That room is shaping up nicely! The chairs look great! I agree with the One Room Challenge.....it takes awhile to follow all that! I know I've missed things but that's the beauty of blogs...ARCHIVES....LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...