"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Room Rx: Midcentury Bath

Monday, March 18, 2013

Room Rx: Midcentury Bath


A water leak in this busy main bathroom resulted in the need for some updating. My client decided it was high time to gut and renovate and a friend referred her to me! After discussing the family's budget, needs and desires and doing some serious pinning, I came up with a design to give this tired old bathroom a fresh look consistent with the age and style of the home.

There is a lot going on in here with the buffet of colors and tiles, wouldn't you say? 
Obviously the goal is to remedy that! 

The plan is to play off of the family's love of travel and highlight the colors of the ocean as shown in the photos currently hanging on the wall. Preserving a Mid Century look with clean and simple lines while bringing in modern conveniences and materials is another goal. 

This is the design I presented to my client...
Mid - Century Bath

She loved it and this past week we did a whirlwind of materials selections at some of our great local spots and chose the goodies below....

I am especially crazy over the floor tile, a large rectangular size that will be laid in a brick pattern. My client is very decisive and it was so fun to help her choose everything for this space. 
I am excited to see this bathroom transformed. 

We are still in the "depths of Winter" here in Madison, I think the high over the week-end was 35 degrees, which hardly made a dent in melting the many inches of snow still covering the ground. I am tired of wearing my down coat and gloves and ready to see the flowers and buds of Spring burst on the scene. The good news is that Spring Break begins on Friday. yay!


Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Room Rx.


10 comments:

priscilla said...

It is really lovely the way it is.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I am so with you on large floor tiles. The less grout the better. Great design. Happy accident with the flood :)

charmaine said...

Your plan looks good. It is snowing here now! Grrr!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love the soft palette and design! and yes on large floor tiles! they help ground and calm a space.

Raina Cox said...

That's going to be stunning.

I have to say the "before" bath looks to be in great shape (save the leak), but I totally understand the desire to update.

Jenn said...

Oooh, love the colors in the space -- it'll feel so relaxing and spa-like when it's finished! :)

Holly Gruszka said...

I'm so happy those two pieces sound like they're staying in the bathroom. Those look really cool in the photos. I've seen a floor tile similar to the one that was chosen and I really like the linen type texture of it. And a nice sized bathroom too with what appears to be a good amount of storage. Thanks for sharing!

pam {simple details} said...

What a fun project, your design is beautiful, Cathy! Those tiles you chose are going to give it a such clean, modern look!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Such a pretty color scheme. Love what you are recommending.

miss flibbertigibbet said...

The floor tile is a good jumping off point. I have to disagree with a couple other commenters....it SERIOUSLY needs an update....your plans look good and reasonable. Hope you'll show us the process!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...