"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Rx Reveal: Harwood Kitchen and LR

Monday, December 9, 2013

Rx Reveal: Harwood Kitchen and LR

Today I am so excited to share the photos taken by 
Brittany of Reverie Photography of first floor update I recently completed for a client. 
(I originally posted about this project here.)


The Framed fine art photographs on the sink wall above were the jumping off point for this project, which involved decorating only. The exception was a DIY custom refrigerator cabinet built by my client's talented husband. 

How about the spice cabinet built on the end????

The dated wallpaper was replaced with a paintable textured linen paper making it easy to change down the road.  Fun fabrics were brought in for window treatments, chair seats and a table runner. The table was given a fresh look with some chalk paint. We hired professionals for the wallpapering and window treatments but my clients, fearless DIYers, did all of the other projects themselves. 




Just to give perspective, some side by side before and afters….
Gone is the dated wallpaper and window treatments,
replaced with a bright, welcoming look and a punch of color.


We also did a bit of tweaking in the living room and dining room.



This is where we began in this space….
(it was serving as a staging area for the family room where work had also begun on an update which I will share another day.)


The sofa got fresh upholstery and new pillows in fabrics that worked with the existing Oriental rug.

We replaced window treatments and lampshades….



The oh so talented husband creates beautiful mosaics in addition to building cabinets!



In the dining room  a window treatment and a new light fixture were added.



Many thanks to Brittany of Reverie Photography for documenting this project for me.
Nothing feels better than the great sense of accomplishment that comes from seeing my vision turned into a reality that meets the expectations of a client.
In the case of this project, an added bonus is that through the process of working together, my client and I have become friends, a lovely reward!
I will be back another day to share the last of the photos and the family room re-do in this home,
stay tuned.


--------------Cathy--------------

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design?  I would love to work with you to help your room "feel better."  
Contact me for more information about my design services.

8 comments:

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I think the kitchen was really freshened up by your changes. I especially like how you hung the artwork in the hall.

Cassie Bustamante said...

such a warm space! i love the teal accents!

pam {simple details} said...

What a fresh transformation, Cathy! Beautiful details throughout ~ you have such and eye for fabrics, great hardware, and of course, the painted table legs, so simple but what a differnce!

Andrea said...

Cathy, what a beautiful space. I love the new window treatments. It's always nice to gain a friend in the process too!

Holly Gruszka said...

Wow! Quite an impressive collaboration on this project. Freshened up and ready to go! His handy carpentry work is amazing.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

So much brighter and happier. I love all the art. Your pillows are always so pretty.

therelishedroost said...

Definitely looks fresh and renewed!!!

Unknown said...

I also like to post comments when i got something new. I like this post. Thanks. Interior design ideas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...