"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: One Room Challenge: paint and moulding

Thursday, April 17, 2014

One Room Challenge: paint and moulding

Wow! It's week #3 of the One Room Challenge already!
If you are just joining us, our Moody Blue Master Bedroom makeover is well underway. 
The sewing has been completed,  
lighting has been selected and ordered, 
a reading chair has been purchased 
and the accessories are being gathered.

This week the big accomplishment was getting the room painted. 
While Cape Cod style homes are charming with all of their nooks, crannies, slanted ceilings and dormers, it can be challenging deciding how and where to apply color to the walls.

Therese and I are big fans of Sarah Richardson 
and long ago Therese shared this room that so impressively addressed the issues above. 

Brilliant! Just add a moulding......

Sign us up.
Moulding was purchased, primed and painted, then it was decision time.... 

Once that was decided then we let the expert take over. 
My BIL measures 3 times and cuts once, he's good!

But first, up went the paint, Benjamin Moore's Hudson Bay #1680.
Perfect paint placement for the moulding which was then installed, to perfection.


Who doesn't love a little side by side, before and after comparison?

I like it!!!!
Please come back next week and see what else comes together in this Moody Master, we have been busy sourcing, doing and making.

And if you have nothing but time on your hands, be sure to have a look at the progress of the other
ORC Linking Participants



as well as the original ORC participants




--------------Cathy--------------

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design?  I would love to work with you to help your room "feel better."  
Contact me for more information about my design services.

14 comments:

Rachel Bauer said...

I live the paint color and the addition of trim gives the room tons of character!

Cassie Bustamante said...

EEK! it's awesome!!!! great call on the molding!

Holly Gruszka said...

Great work - you've got one crafty family that's for sure. I'll have to check out that paint color and see where it falls next to Rainstorm (that I used in my Habitat room). And, speaking of Sarah Richardson, I think I just read that she's working on a book.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Ooooh loving the color, Cathy!! Also the trim adds such a nice detail, it came out great!

Sarah said...

It looks awesome, Cathy!!! We have rooms like this down at my parent's Cape house and sometimes I lie awake in bed looking up and wondering where I would stop and start the paint if my mom ever let me repaint:) I never would have thought to do the trim like that to create a concrete division. Really cool!

Denise Greenwood said...

Love the trim - such a perfect addition! The paint color is lovely! I painted one wall in our ORC master update and I love it :)

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I used to live in a Cape Cod and that molding trick would have done wonders. It looks great!

aquahaus said...

What a spectacular blue. Love it.

pam {simple details} said...

Oh my goodness, the moulding is such a brilliant idea, your inspiration pic was perfect! Gorgeous color, so jealous you're onto the fun stuff! :)

Andrea said...

What a gorgeous color! That moulding is the perfect touch. Can't wait to see this room come together.

Carrie said...

The moulding tip is genius! Love the color! I can't wait to see the rest. :)

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

Love!!! That wall color is amazing! And how smart are you to paint first and then add the molding. I'm loving how this is coming together!

My Notting Hill said...

Love where you decided to put the moulding. Rich color too!

My Notting Hill said...

Love where you decided to put the moulding. Rich color too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...