"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Cure for the common chair

Friday, January 21, 2011

Cure for the common chair

Chairs are my weakness and a good chair make-over gets my heart pounding, so when my "Stylishly Casual" client told me that one of the pieces she wanted to incorporate in her Room Rx was this darling caned chair, it was all systems go.  How to freshen up a decorating staple from the 60's and 70's?


My client had already given the chair a couple of coats of black lacquer and after going back and forth virtually a few times, this fabric by Robert Allen was chosen: 

The yellow is a perfect compliment to the Ikat settee fabric and will bring a pop of color to the room.

Check out the finished product!  Is it not adorable?  The upholsterer did a terrific job of matching the pattern and bringing new life to this tired old chair.
 
 
This is the perfect chair for a smaller room as it is not visually or physically large, it is easily moved around and it requires just a few yards of fabric to re-upholster so a fun fabric is an ideal option.
What great chair make-overs have you done or seen lately?  I would love to hear about them.....

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me,
I would love to help!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...