"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Bathrooms: Dark Vanities

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bathrooms: Dark Vanities

My friend is renovating her bathroom and loved the vanity that my TWBIL (Talented, woodworking brother in law) built for my CSIL, which I featured here.  Her bathroom is not nearly as large and she has been wrestling with how to make a dark wood vanity work in a smaller space. So since a picture is worth a thousand words, here are a few (and don't mind me if I add my two cents to the thousand words!!!)

White and a touch of color makes the vanity the star
Larger bath but same concept
Subtle color on the wall with mosaic tile
Nice use of subway tile and wall color
Ssimple shelves over the toilet provide additional storage
Paint on the upper half of the walls and tub surround give an infusion of color
Neutral and natural except for the vanity
Love the gray and amber accents
 decor pad
So there you go BOK,hope these images spark a few additional ideas for the project.  It seems that dark wood is a theme of mine of late, first in the kitchen and now in the bathroom and many of the same rules would apply.  I have no dark wood cabinetry in my own home, but I like the looks of it how about you? 


Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me,
I would love to help!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...