"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Ty Pennington for Howard Miller

Friday, February 25, 2011

Ty Pennington for Howard Miller

Who knew?  I guess I must be a little late to the party, but today when I was helping a client select fabric for a sectional at our large local furniture store Steinhafels, I nearly tripped over a few really fun side tables and a chest with silver leafed drawers.  To my surprise they were part of a collection by Ty Pennington (of Extreme Home Makeover fame) for Howard Miller, the infamous clock company located in western Michigan.  Apparently this collection was first rolled out in 2009 with an additional grouping of smaller scaled pieces added in 2010.  I have watched the show a few times, (my kids love it and I love the concept but it is a little too much "Oh my God," crying and "move that bus" for me) and find that Ty is a creative force who regularly does a "secret project," a room that cleverly solves a problem or need the inhabitant may have, or showcases their personal style.

The products in this collection reflect that side of him in that they are unique to the mid range furniture market (in my opinion, and that's what this is about right?!) Ty has created a product line that works together with a few distinct color pallets, achieved through fabric, painted and stained wood finishes and styling. The room vignettes on the website are a little too "garanimals" for me, (that means matchy-matchy for those of you in the younger set) and I would never buy a set of anything, but the individual pieces are stylish and clean lined and would work in many decorating styles. I've rounded up a few items that appealed to me, but there are tons more on the website so go and see for yourself!
Works as an end table or nightstand and comes in painted finishes.
While the color might eventually feel dated, who cares, this is fun!  There is a stained version for the more cautious out there.
Love the cut out detail and again this is available in other finishes.
A nice classic piece and it includes a leaf to enlarge the seating capacity.
This is called a "hobby cart" and has a pullout work surface and lots of storage for craft supplies!
The leather top and storage below are a nice twist to the current "industrial" tables trend.
Yummy silver leaf table!
Wouldn't a pair of these make elegant bedside tables?

This product line seems to have mid range pricing, though I was not paying attention at the store and did not look too hard for prices in my internet searching.  Admittedly I did not really look at the quality of the pieces either, though with a name like Howard Miller behind them, I would assume that this is a well made group of furniture.  There is also a less expensive Ty Pennington furniture line at Sears and some of his products for Howard Miller area available from Grandin Road.  

What do you think, which pieces do you like?  What are your thoughts on some of the latest products from designers and "personalities?"  Did Ty hit the mark? 

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me,
I would love to help!

1 comment:

SHERRY HART said...

I think those are some really great pieces. Seriously, I will have to go check them out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...