"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: A little bit of WOW!

Monday, March 14, 2011

A little bit of WOW!

My CSIL is pondering another little project in her home, this time it is the powder room.  After a lengthy chat the other day, in my search for some additional inspiration, I came across this photo and was totally taken with the simplicity of the room and the WOW factor of the lights....


With the help of a little bit of Google searching, I found the fixture through a Vancouver BC based store called Peridot.  This stunning light fixture is made of resin and is called the Citrine Pendant by Shine Home.  Peridot's price was $789.00 (Canadian $$ I'm guessing,) I was unable to locate a US retailer for it but it is available through designers (myself included.) If money were no object and you needed to add a little pop to your bathroom decor, this little number would do the trick!


For those of us who want the splash but don't have that kind of cash, $49 bucks + a can of green spray paint, a ready made tassel and a little bit of elbow grease and you've got yourself a decent imitation!


Or for $49 bucks you can forget the DIY project and go right to something like this....


Not quite the same level of wow, but still pretty fun and a whole lot cheaper!  Using two pendant lights instead of the typical bar light in a bathroom would add interest no matter what the pendant looked like. Have some fun and try this different approach to bathroom lighting, let me know what you come up with!

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me,
I would love to help!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...