"". content='3d4620b7bc91f474c9424106dd2800b5' name='p:domain_verify'/> Room RX: Room Rx: Another craft room peak

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Room Rx: Another craft room peak

Before I left on vacation my TWBIL, John made a cabinet delivery to my client for her craft room...I love working with John, if I can dream it up, and give him a detailed drawing, he can build it.

The painted cabinets are his creations, the large storage cabinet with glass doors, the yarn cabinet with many cubbies and the supports for the butcher block desk, didn't they turn out fabulously? 
 
I think they are the perfect compliment to the Ikea pieces we incorporated into the room design. And how about the cork floor, isn't it amazing?! Another point of interest, on the butcher block counter, note the alternating dark stained and light woods near the front, they are exactly 4" long, so if a ruler isn't handy at a key moment, just measure with the desk top!
Things have really progressed in this room.  My client made the memo boards from Homasote covered with the fabric we selected and I love how the black really lends a bit of punctuation to the room. Still to come, a slipcover in another fun fabric for the desk chair, window treatments, new glass paneled doors and the "move-in" so stay tuned folks, the final reveal is just around the corner.

Did I mention that I wish this was MY craft room?!!! Well, with any luck, I'll get to be "crafty" in there at least once! My client's teen-aged kids like the room so much that she is forbidden to call it "her room!"

Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design
If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Design Concept Board or a complete Room Rx.

3 comments:

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

This is pretty much the ultimate crafting room! I love the sleek modern look and how beautiful but functional it is! Bravo, dah-ling!

Jenn said...

This crafting room is going to be amazing! I LOVE those cabinets!

Holly Gruszka said...

This is some serious storage - I'm envious!! The space is looking great. I really like that butcher block top.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...