Varde Glass door wall cabinet.
In other news, a couple of weeks back Carrie from Hazardous Design kindly gave me a "Versatile Blogger" award and with all of the holiday craziness, I am just now getting around to sharing this lovely recognition.
The way this works is that I have to share 7 "interesting" facts about myself and then pass the award along to other "Versatile Bloggers." I hope you don't mind if I change it up a bit and share a few facts and a few of my 2012 goals. If you are new to Room Rx you can learn a bit more about me here and here.
So here goes with a few random things:
1) My hair is totally gray. Like my Dad, I started to go gray in my 20's and by my early 40's I began to tire of the time and money spent to cover it up. With the help of my stylist, I slowly went to my natural gray, trying to embrace it. I am lucky that my gray is pretty consistent and of a nice tone and overall I like how it looks and feel good about going "au naturale!"
2) My photography skills are sorely lacking, pretty sad in fact, for a creative person like me. Even my kids tease me about it, so this year my goal is to improve that through the help of a friend and potentially a class.
3) After reading this article I plan to be better about expressing my gratitude based on the fact that it is such a simple way of reaping huge benefits for both the recipient and the giver. I hope to get my kids to be better at this too.
4) I am a collaborator, always putting people together and attempting to make things work. I feel that we are all connected in some way and that sometimes all it takes is the conduit (like me) to find that.
5) I love to cook and am pretty good about meal planning and being organized around that. For the coming year, my hope is to increase my mindfulness about what my family and I eat. I plan to rely less on prepared foods full of sugar, sodium and fat and more on fresh, local foods and integrate more fruits and vegetables into our diet in a way that my kids won't find "gross." Maybe I'll even share a recipe or two here on Room Rx....
6) My 17 year old son who is a junior, will be heading off for a semester at The Conserve School
in early February. I am so excited for him, for all of the opportunities and growth the experience will offer him, but also sad and nervous about seeing him leave "the nest" especially when college is just around the corner.
7) I have lots of great client projects in the works for 2012, so I am excited about growing my business and sharing as much as I can here on Room Rx.
So now to share this award.... I have chosen 4 ladies that I have been so lucky to get to know over the past year, they visit Room Rx regularly, leave comments that make my day and have made me feel that what I share here is worthwhile. In addition, they each have delightful blogs themselves, so if you are unfamiliar with them, be sure to go have a look. The 5th lady is a blogger I have only recently "met," her blog is chock full of great projects and ideas that she has executed in her own home and elsewhere.
Holly of West Pear Avenue
Jenn at A Home in the Making
Sarah at Pewter & Sage
Pam of Simple Details
Andrea of Oak Ridge Revival
Thanks again Carrie and enjoy the "Versatile Blogger Award" ladies!