The 4th of July is upon us, how did that happen?! Summer seems to have engulfed me and not in a "lazy days" sort of way, but it's all good and I am trying to enjoy every minute. We have no big plans for the 4th, so we'll partake in our annual neighborhood parade and picnic (not sure that my teens still want to decorate their bikes and ride around the park, but we'll watch and cheer on the little ones). In honor of all that we are lucky to celebrate here in the good old USA, today's 10 Things room has a patriotic flavor...
1) Crisp white paneled walls as a backdrop
2) Repetition of white in the upholstery, curtains, lampshades and tray
3) Pale blue beamed ceiling
4) Use of pale blue in the mats on the artwork and pillows keep the room's decor from being too obvious
5) Chinoiserie lamp
6) Pops of red and navy in the accessories which could be easily changed out for another color
7) Oversized leather ottoman
8) Large tree adding height to the room
9) Dark woods to punctuate and contrast
What strikes you about this room? Please add your 2 cents!
Does your room need a “prescription” for a change of decor, function or design? If so please contact me, I would love to help your room feel better with a Room Rx.